Friday, June 24

True Story Of A Bulimic

My weight didn't start getting bad until my senior year in high school. I was overeating and it got out of control. I started to purge. I knew it was bad, but I figured one time wouldn't hurt. Well, one time grew into two, then three, then four, and so on. I wanted to stop but I wanted to be thin, more.

Being bulimic didn't make me any thinner but it allowed me to continue to overeat and maintain my weight. I still wasn't happy with myself. I was depressed all the time, avoided hanging out with my friends, and became this person that wasn't me anymore.

I said, enough is enough. When I go to college, things will be different, and it was. My first semester of college was the best time of my life. I lost 35 lbs by Thanksgiving break. The compliments were amazing, boys were checking me out again, and I felt awesome about myself.

It felt even more amazing because I put the weight off in a healthy way. I ate right and I exercised. But unfortunately, when I came home for Thanksgiving break, everything changed. I began to over eat again and my eating disorder resurfaced.

By Christmas, I had gained all my weight back. My mother even confronted me about having an eating disorder. All the work that I had put into it over the semester was gone in just a few weeks. And for what, to taste food? It sounds ridiculous. I still haven't lost the weight. that is all, I wish I had supportive words of wisdom but I am still going through the struggle.


source : google

No comments: