Tuesday, March 19

What happens in the world's largest trash city will transform you.


Waste Land. a friend of mine told me that it is a good movie/ documentary. Vik Muniz? who the hell is him? he is an artist, he has used dirt, chocolate, sugar and garbage to create the image and art. he just an inspiration to me, i mean his journey to Jardim Gramacho had opened my eyes. some of the picker start working at the aged of 7 until now. they eat, they read and they wear what they found at the landfill. it such an inspiration to me. 

 'I'd rather want everything and have nothing, than have everything and want nothing. Because at least when you want something your life has a meaning: it's worthwhile. From the moment you think you have everything, you have to search for meaning in other things. I spent half my life wanting everything and having nothing; and now I have everything and I don't want anything' - Vik Muniz